Monday, August 18, 2014

Sustainable Waste to Art Prize 2014

Last week I was fortunate to be selected to exhibit in the Ryde Council Sustainable Waste to Art Prize. I submitted 2 pieces. My 'Drinky Dress' and 'Edison and the Piano Man'. I was expecting my dress to be selected and not my sculptures but the opposite happened. Of course it took me months to create the dress compared to hours to create the sculpture. I love that other people can see my work in an entirely different way to me. I was surprised and excited to be awarded the Highly Commended prize in the open category and it came with a nice voucher from Eckersleys. Its lovely to be able to shop for art materials to put back into my next artwork.














It was held at Meadowbank Tafe Gallery. This is a great space for an exhibition. The works were very impressive and there were a few dresses. I was particularly impressed with the paper dress made by a young girl. I find it astounding the talent and skill of some people much younger than me.
I encourage you to pay it a visit and perhaps you will be inspired to think of your waste in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment